1 pork tenderloin |||| 1 peeled and diced apple |||| 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar |||| 2 tablespoons minced shallots |||| 2 tablespoons sugar |||| 2 teaspoons fresh chopped rosemary |||| 3 teaspoons honey mustard |||| 1 teaspoon soy sauce |||| 2 teaspoons chopped green onions |||| 1/4 cup vegetable oil |||| 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper
1. Combine the apple, vinegar, shallots, sugar, rosemary, salt and pepper in a skillet. Cover and simmer until thee apples are tender. Mash the apples with a fork.
2. Combine apple and rosemary mixture with mustard, soy sauce, and green onions. Gradually add the oil in small increments. Mix until well blended and the oil is incorporated.
3. Marinate the pork tenderloin in the apple and rosemary mixture. A gallon sized plastic bag works well for marinating and its easy to clean up.
4. After the pork has marinated for an hour or son, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the tenderloin and marinade. Turn the tenderloin occasionally to make sure its cooked evenly. Brown tenderloin on all sides. It should take about 6-8 minutes.
5. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook to desired done-ness. 30 minutes and the tenderloin should be medium-well. After removing the tenderloin from the oven, allow it to cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
This dish is more expensive due to the cost of the meat. But pork is one of my favorite meats, I just can’t resist. I had the sugar, salt, pepper, soy sauce, mustard, and apple in the pantry.
$17.90 – 1 pork tenderloin
$1.99 – 1 bunch of fresh rosemary
$0.99 – 1 bunch of green onion
$0.42 – 1 shallot
$1.99 – 1 quart of apple cider vinegar
$13.29/ 4 servings = $3.32 per serving
For tips and reviews click here . . .